A team is only as good as the sum of its parts; knowing this the Organisation continuously seeks to strengthen the institutional framework, governance and resource base. The Organisation has built a national profile and widened its mandate to reflect a sound institutional base, and further plans to build a Youth Agenda Centre that will provide young people with a well managed and surrounding space for various activities.
AIM: To strengthen the institutional framework, governance and resource base for Youth Agenda.
Under this strategic focus area, YAA seeks to improve its institutional framework and resource based. After close to sixteen years of operation, YAA has built a national profile and widened its mandate to reflect a sound institutional base. The Youth Agenda through this four year strategic plan seeks to build a Youth Agenda center which is to provide young people with a well managed and surrounding space for various activities.
The idea is to make Youth Agenda sustainable to help deliver its services in partnership with other youth organizations. The project will be implemented in four phases; Phase I- Acquisition of Land, Phase II-Design and Laying of the Foundation, Phase III- Working on the Structure, Phase IV- Finishing. We intend to solicit support from former beneficiaries of Youth Agenda and Young People, Private Sector through the Corporate Social Responsibility, Development Partners and others.
In addition Institutional Development will require addressing the legal status of YAA, improving the capacity of its staff and strengthening its governance frameworks. In addition, successful delivery of this plan and meeting YAA’s mandate requires a sound financial base and adequate resources. YAA therefore, seeks to expand and diversify its resource base not just to its traditional donors but also to other types of donors, notably the private sector.
The Expected result is a Strengthened Institutional and governance framework and sustainable resource base for YAA.
The objectives for above result include:
- To generate income for setting up a Youth Agenda center.
- To improve Youth Agenda’s Human Resource Base.
- To deepen the Board’s governance, oversight and accountability procedures and systems.
- To diversify and maintain a sustainable resource base for YAA’s sustenance and operations.
- Enhance technical and legislative support to youth in leadership positions in parliament, government and devolved units.
Strategies and Activities
To realize these objectives YAA will pursue the following specific strategies:
- Develop, update and implement relevant policies.
- Establishment of the Youth Agenda Foundation.
- Undertaking capacity building and skills development trainings for staff and Board.
- Developing and implementing a diverse resource mobilization strategy to include partnership with the private sector.
- Institutionalizing internal talent utilization.
- Organizing regular donor round tables.
- Moving to an institutional and programme/core support and funding for YAA’s programmes.
- Commencing an endowment for the Youth Agenda Center.
- Recruitment and induction of new staff to fill vacant posts.