Because information is power, we extensively research and make available information on key youth issues to policy makers, youth organizations, institutions of learning and youth; this helps define policies affecting youth, aids youth advocacy work in Kenya, and keeps citizens informed of pertinent youth issues.
To establish a physical and online Information Hub on Youth issues for policy makers, youth and youth organizations
The youth are now recognized as important stakeholders in governance and development processes not just in Kenya, but the world at large. However, there is still lack of a central depository of al youth relevant information. While Youth Agenda has striven to provide youth information to youth and other critical constituencies in the country, during the plan period YAA seeks to develop into the central depository and resource for all information relevant to and impacting on youth issues in Kenya and the East African region.
This entails collecting, storing and analyzing relevant data and information as well as building a user-friendly and accessible resource center and database. The aim is that YAA should be recognized as and be able to serve as the one-stop source of all research and public documents on youth issues. Any individual seeking data and documents on the status of youth and youth related issues should be able to access the same from the information hub situated at the Multi Purpose Hall. The expected result is: an information hub on youth issues established.
While YAA has made tremendous progress during its years of existence and grown to a premier youth organization, it is essential that it enhances its visibility and impact. Under this strategic focus, YAA also seeks to consolidate its role and view within the public mind as the leading youth organization in Kenya and the rest of the region. The expected result is A Vibrant Public Brand Presence on Youth matters attained by YAA.
Under this focus area, YAA’s specific objectives are:
- To establish and maintain a comprehensive and updated online and physical resource centre on youth related issues
- To enhance YAA’s public image and visibility
- To Expand YAA’s networks within and across Kenya’s borders
Strategies and Activities
In pursuit of the above objectives, YAA undertakes:
- Creating an online youth resource centre
- Upgrading, updating and continually maintaining its physical resource centre, equipping it with key information and facilities for access and reproduction of materials subject to copyright laws
- Developing and implementing a communication, media and branding strategy
- Expanding and intensifying YAA networks and collaboration
- Increasing its visibility in the media and amongst stakeholders
- Documenting and publicizing the results of all its work
- Establishing linkages with other youth organizations across Kenya’s borders
- Expanding YAA’s presence and collaboration with other youth organisations in all parts of the country
- Building the capacity of member organizations to fully discharge their mandate
Disseminating the “youth agenda” countrywide
Developing and disseminating relevant policy proposals on youth issues and share the same with youth and policy makers
Undertake cutting edge research on topical youth issues, publish and disseminate the same to youth, youth groups, Members of parliament, government and other stakeholders.