Youth Agenda (YAA) is a national organization registered in Kenya as a non-governmental organization founded in 1996, sparked by evidence of youth exclusion governance and leadership. For two and half decades, YAA has been a leading advocate for young people by developing their capacity to take charge of their affairs in the country through training and mentorship, movement building, knowledge generation and dissemination, facilitating platforms to engage in governance, as well as engaging in advocacy campaigns to protect and promote youth access to social-economic and political opportunities.
A just, equitable and progressive society in which young people fully enjoy social, economic and political rights
To provide a platform to harness and nurture young people through informed, innovative and value driven approaches for personal, community and national development
YAA is governed by eight values and principles in which all staffs, members and organs are guided and abide to, Courage; Discipline; Integrity; Relevance; Focus; Creativity & Innovation; Passion; and Resourcefulness.
- We build the capacity of youth to track and monitor government’s planning and budgeting process in a bid to enhance transparency and accountability.
- We track and monitor the implementation of Article 55 of the Constitution of Kenya.
- We enhance the ability of the young Members of Parliament and County Assemblies to represent the needs and demands of their constituents especially the youths.
- Sustained advocacy towards formulation and implementation of youth responsive policies by National and County Government.
- We offer an innovative online economic mentorship programme for youths in Kenya. The youths are linked with successful mentors across the world to sharpen the skills and knowledge in different career paths.
- Knowledge generation and dissemination through research and surveys.
- We strive to promote adherence/ implementation of the two thirds gender rule thus contributing to gender equality.